My Blog List

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Coconut-Roasted Pineapple Dacquoise - Tuesdays with Dorie


Quite fussy to make but now that it's all done, what a lovely fancy dessert! I can just see myself offering to bring dessert for a dinner party (if I get an invitation, that is) and smiling broadly as I receive praise, while "modestly" replying that it was not much trouble at all.

I can't do a full taste test as it's all compiled, looking very ritzy in my opinion, but the sum of the parts is the whole, is it not? In spite of the never-ending rain here in New York, this Sunday has been full of treats for me - little pinches of roasted coconut, some of the juicy pineapple slices I bought, a crumble of the divine dacquoise and a spoonful (or two, or three) of the white chocolate ganache. I was too busy to look out of the window.

I just love this whole meringue thing - I think I'll try an Australian Pavlova for next week. I must watch the humidity level though; I read somewhere that meringue does not do well in humid weather so I'm pleased to have had the chance to make this beautiful dacquoise before the July/August heat strikes.

Thank you Andrea, of Andrea in the Kitchen for this wonderful pick.