My Blog List

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nutty Chocolaty Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake - TWD




Oh no!!!!*****My cake would not release from the pan; this is in spite of Baker's Joy and knowing it's a good pan which I have used before!!

I cannot take it to work like this, although it is so delicious. I have been munching from the heap - the crust and the body of the cake are just perfect. However, I think I know the culprit - greed! I added too much milk chocolate, in quite large chips, so it must have made the batter too sticky.

I promised my office team a cake tomorrow; now I will have to disappoint them. But I will pick myself up and make it again tomorrow, with only one layer of filling and maybe without the chocolate.

Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort chose this week's TWD pick. Gosh, I am so sorry I made a mess of this lovely cake, Jennifer.

I have to post as I have not done a TWD recipe for a while. Tomorrow is another day.