My Blog List

Monday, May 11, 2009

Tartest Lemon Tart - Tuesdays with Dorie


Babette of Babette Feasts has picked The Tartest Lemon Tart for us this week. It's 8:30pm on Tuesdays with Dorie night and my pastry still has to sit in the fridge for an hour before I start baking - cutting it fine!

Actually, I should have got done yesterday but there was a little roadblock, like not reading the recipe properly (say no more, say no more) so this is my second attempt. It's looking rather promising - the lemon filling doesn't seem too tart as I used the method of blanching the peel and scraping off the pith.

Just made the deadline - it's now 11:50pm and my tart has just come out of the oven. No time to take its photo on a cake stand or a pretty plate - the stovetop has to do. The tart is looking quite pretty and has a nice texture to the touch. Here's hoping it will be popular tomorrow.

Thank you Babette - I'm looking forward to a slice.