My Blog List

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tiramisu Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie



This is a wonderful, delicious cake (with a lousy pic, I am sorry to say). Megan of My Baking Adventures picked this week's cake - thank you, Megan! It is a delightful recipe to add to my "Portfolio."

The Tiramisu is for the gods on Olympus - I am sure they would exchange their nectar and ambrosia for this anyday. The cake itself needs a bit of improvement from me, the baker - I left it in the oven just a teeny bit too long (the sides had pulled away too much) so it came out somewhat dry. Not too much to worry about though as the filling and frosting and syrup dealt with that little problem.

I am making this recipe again soon, and I will add 1-1/2 teasp. of baking powder as I think 2 tsp. led to it not rising very much; also, I will prick small holes in the cake before drizzling the syrup over it so it soaks better. I am also thinking of trying mini-cupcakes filled with tiramisu cream - that would be a treat.

The folks at my Office absolutely loved it. Next week - a very tangy lemon tart to look forward to.