My Blog List

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bourbon Bread Pudding - Tuesdays with Dorie










I am so pleased I made this pudding. My group just loved it. Thank goodness I remembered to take a pic before the last slice was eaten.



The custard is smooth and has a faint flavor of Kentucky bourbon in it. I followed the recipe and only used one tablespoon. Two would be more daring and give a stronger bourbon flavor. I used Pepperidge Farm cinnamon bread; it was a perfect match.

What would I do differently next time? Use a 9x5 pan as recommended; I baked my pudding in an 8x4-1/2 and it took about 20 minutes longer to bake. That's about all - I can still taste that custard in my mind as I write.

Sharon of Simply Southern selected this pudding for us. Thank you; it was a great choice. The recipe is on Sharon's blog.