My Blog List

Monday, June 20, 2011

Chocolate Biscotti - Tuesdays with Dorie


Only a week late but I am getting construction work done in my apartment so am giving myself a little credit for being able to function at all.

I like these biscotti. They taste really good after they have sat for a night, are nice and chewy and certainly pack a chocolate punch! Ghirardelli cocoa powder and Nestle's semi-sweet mini morsels are responsible for that punch. Some white chocolate squiggled on the biscotti is a good contrast to the deep chocolate taste.

They are a bit difficult to slice - as stated in the recipe the logs form cracks, rather fissures, in the first baking. One thing I will make sure to do next time (they are definitely on my list for a next time) is to read the recipe properly and shape the logs into a 12x2 inch size (I was trying to make two kinds of biscotti at once and misread the size, making them too short and fat). The recipe is here.