My Blog List

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sables - Tuesdays with Dorie


French Shortbread - how nice! I have been eyeing these Sables for the longest time and was so pleased that Barbara of Bungalow Barbara picked them for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie.

I prefer the dough to Scottish shortbread - it is moister and easier to handle. The sables sliced beautifully and evenly. I baked the first batch for 20 minutes - okay, but a bit too brown on the bottom; the next batch was for 18 minutes and seemed to be just right.

These cookies are deliciously buttery, which is not surprising considering there are 2 sticks of butter to 2 cups of flour. They will definitely be on my favorites list.

The recipe is on Barbara's blog. Great pick! Thank you.





And finally! I've figured out a way to make nice round slice-and-bake cookies, instead of the wonky, conky ones I've made up to now.

I could never roll a well shaped tube of cookie dough, so after much thought and "ingenuity" I decided to use my Decorator Pro. I filled the barrel with dough and pushed it out of the barrel with the plunger. Easy and what a neat cylinder it formed! I got two cylinders out of the batch of dough. Now I can see lots of slice-and-bake cookies in my future.