My Blog List

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coconut Tea Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie


A pretty cake in a pretty kugelhopf pan. I think some of my crust came off when I turned the cake out (maybe adding flour to the pan as well as shortening would have prevented this), but with some confectioner's sugar drizzle, it should be just fine tomorrow.

I gather it's really a hot milk sponge cake. It was delightful to make, just watching the sugar and egg mixture puff up and peeking through the oven window to see the cake rising gradually. I have a feeling it's going to be good - will see how they like it at the office tomorrow. It's nice to have a run of cakes for the next few weeks - we have had lots of cookies and tarts in TWD lately but we haven't baked a cake in a while.

Carmen of Carmen Cooks picked this week's recipe for us - it's a very nice recipe, Carmen. Thank you.