My Blog List

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thumbprints for Us Big Guys - Tuesdays with Dorie


These are really a delicious shortbread cookie - there's lots of butter and the mix is quite crumbly. I made 30 with thumbprints and another 30 just plain - the plain ones are going to act as "fillers" for my Baking Gals package to the Middle East, although they are so good that "fillers" is hardly the word.

Oh my goodness! I am out of control - I have just consumed two of the cookies with Morello Cherry jam in them. They are fantastic and their small size could lead to eating them like peanuts! Now I'm sorry I didn't make a double portion for the Office. I must quickly put them away in a container so I am not tempted by the sight of them on the tray.

However, I have to practice getting nice, smooth, Dorie-type Thumbprints, not like these raggedy ones dripping jam all over the place. I'm looking forward to reading other blogs to see if I can get some advice.

Mike of Ugly Food Dude selected this treat for us this week. Wonderful choice, Mike! Thank you.