My Blog List

Saturday, March 14, 2009

French Yoghurt Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie


What a wonderful cake! I have to confess that I am not able to give it a full photo - the two slices here are all that remains after a neighbor and I tucked into the still warm loaf and had a little gobble!

It is delicious; it has quite a coarse crumb (I'm not sure if other people found this) and it tastes very moist. I just love the deep golden honey color on the top of the loaf and the edges that are a little bit crispy. I didn't make the marmalade glaze - too busy eating, but it tastes wonderful as it is, just plain.

It was incredibly easy to make and there were very few bowls and utensils to wash. In a way I'm a bit surprised that French bakers would put oil in this cake as so many French desserts contain quite a lot of butter. There must be a reason for it. It makes for an interesting change anyway.

Now what am I going to take to the Office for 'Tuesday's Treat?' Maybe next week's Crumb Cake but I'll make sure I photograph the whole thing first then save the posting till the due date.

Lovely choice, Liliana, of My Cookbook Addiction. Thank you. (The recipe is on Liliana's blog).