My Blog List

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lemon Cupcakes




I made these to take to work as I couldn't very well take the flan I made for TWD. A dozen fluffy, soft-crumb cupcakes were consumed in no time at all. I also made some cream cheese/mascarpone cheese frosting but it was a bit soft, I think. The lemon cupcake recipe comes from Recipezaar and I just love it:

Recipe


3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup buttermilk

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla and lemon peel. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
3Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely.

It can actually make more than a dozen, more like 16, as my regular cupcake pan seemed a bit small for the rising batter. A heaped TBS. of batter in each cup should be about right.

To be repeated. Now I have a very nice award to give to some favorite bloggers:
------------------------


I've received this really cute blog award, The Adorable Blog Award, from Maria at The Goddess's Kitchen - a lovely British blog with recipes for all sorts of goodies such as Victoria Sponge Cake and Christmas mince pies and many more. I would like to pass on my award to five people whose blogs I enjoy very much - some I have been reading for quite a while, while others are new excellent finds for me:

Amy @The Amysing Baker
Tanya @Chocolatechic
Gigi @Gigi Cakes
Wendy @Pink Stripes
Teanna @Spork or Foon?

Just love your Blogs! There's a 'pass along' rule of course, so please pick as many adorable blogs as you wish for sending this award to.
Include the award logo in your blog or post.
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

Until our next baking adventure - Heather