My Blog List

Monday, April 13, 2009

Chocolate Amaretti Torte - Tuesdays with Dorie


A nice little chocolate torte is sitting prettily in my refrigerator, decorated with toasted almonds. Can't wait to have a small slice tomorrow. What a fun cake to make, so easy.

I was full of good intentions of making my own amaretti cookies from scratch, but honestly, I just couldn't find the time, so thanks to a suggestion in the P&Q I used Nilla Wafers and added 1/2 teaspoon of almond essence to the mix. The top of the torte is a little cracked, like mud cracks, but the chocolate glaze covers it very well. Wish I could serve it with a glass of Bristol Cream sherry tomorrow but unfortunately any kind of alcohol is strictly forbidden at work. What a pity!

Holly of Phe/MOM/enon picked this weeks baking project - a lovely choice, Holly. Thank you. Now to turn in and dream of torte.