My Blog List

Monday, August 17, 2009

Applesauce Spice Bars - Tuesdays with Dorie


Baking at the last minute as usual, to meet the Tuesday morning deadline. I was a bit pooped over the weekend as I made a lot of goodies for our Assumption Day reception so I really needed to chill out.

However, the first thing I had to do today was to clean my refrigerator - I had spilled a can of mango mousse in it and there was orangey looking, liquidy puree all over the fridge; what a clean up job it was! Finally, I got to my baking. The bars are in the oven now - maybe need another 5 - 10 minutes. I am so hoping they are going to be good. The batter was easy peasy to get together. I don't make bar cookies all that often for some reason, although I almost always enjoy eating them.

The taste test will come tomorrow at work. Karen of Something Sweet by Karen picked this week's recipe so check out her blog for the recipe. From reading the P&Q it seems the bars are delicious. Thanks a ton, Karen.

Not the prettiest pic! They are rather crumbly to cut.