My Blog List

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Creamiest Lime-Lemon Cream Meringue Pie - Tuesdays with Dorie


I've just been licking the spoon - what a lovely, thick lemon curd and very lemony-limey too! I used both lemons and limes as I ran out of lemons, and I left out the ginger because my boss does not like ginger!

It's going to be late. I will have to post tomorrow, Wednesday and take it to work on Thursday. The curd is in the fridge but still has to do the overnight thing, and then there's the meringue, of course. I just didn't start early enough (nothing unusual for me).

I read the P&Q and noted there were many comments about the length of time it took for the curd to get to 180 degrees - yes, indeed, mine took almost 25 minutes. I started with a double boiler; after about 20 minutes it just wasn't going over 170 degrees, so I put the saucepan on direct heat and it took a few minutes after that to reach the right temperature. Maybe I should have changed to direct heat earlier but then I might have got scrambled eggs.

Linda of Tender Crumb picked this week's recipe; it's a lovely choice and I'm so pleased I got a chance to see her blog - it is beautiful. Check out the recipe on the link.